Hybrid View

Ovulating and Fertile

Hi,

If I get my period regularly does that mean I'm ovulating and fertile?

When I was in my mid 30's, I was getting my period regularly, but I wasn't ovulating. One of the best ways to tell if you're ovulating is to use an ovulation predictor test coupled with watching your cervical mucus changes. Watch your signs of fertility and you'll know whether you're ovulating or not.

You can also take your basil body temperature each day, and you'll see your temperature rise after ovulation. Fertility Friend is a great resource and teaches you how to chart your basil body temperature.

Did you find this information helpful?

Generally speaking, yes. Is there a reason you suspect that you are not fertile?

Though I' m having regular period, I am already 38 years old and thinking that I may not ovulating every month anymore.

I may just watch my signs of fertility and use ovulation predictor test as per Kate's advised.

Thanks!

If you're 38 years old you really need to be doing some extra things to increase your fertility, because you're at an advanced age for getting pregnant. When you hit the age of 40, it becomes even harder.

Be sure you are doing your preconception care right now, as this can increase fertility and help you to conceive a healthy baby.

I'm going to post more helpful tips on the "chances of getting pregnant" thread that you started. You can increase your fertility and increase your chances of conceiving, even at the age of 38.

Warm Regards,

Kate