Does spending most of my time in computer bad for the baby's health?

Hi,

I'm Meghann and it's my first time being pregnant. anyway, it's my daily routine and life activity to spend most of my time surfing in the net. And, I was wondering if spending too much time in front of my laptop can harm the health or anything that could harm my baby?

I spend a lot of time in front of my laptop, but I didn't when I was pregnant. We know that it's nearly impossible to avoid all forms of non-ionizing radiation from computers, microwave ovens and TVs. But I would try to avoid sitting in front of the computer as much as possible during your pregnancy.

Warm Regards,

Kate

I just wanted to add that, in pregnancy, it is a good idea to be aware of where you position your computer. If you are using a laptop then it is still better to rest it on a table whilst you use the internet rather than place it on your legs.

Another benefit to this is helps you to sit with better posture which can benefit your back in pregnancy.

I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Best wishes,

LJ

Good point - better to have the laptop on a desk or table than on your lap. Also, some laptops can get so hot that they give you "toasted skin syndrome", especially if the laptop is on bare skin. I had this a few years ago, and though the blotchy red rash stayed for a week or two, it did eventually go away, and now I am very careful about not having the hot computer on my lap for long periods of time.