Unhappy body odor during pregnancy

hello, i'm 32 years old and 4 months pregnant right now. i've noticed that since i got pregnant, my body odor got worst. i'm not used in putting on deodorants and it annoys me that even after i've taken a shower, i will begin to stink again after 30 minutes or so. is it normal for pregnant women to smell like that? what can i do to prevent this naturally?

Hi iyah80,

This is actually a question I've wanted to get to since you posted it. I apologize for the late response.

Body odor can get worse when you're pregnant especially if you live in an area that is hot and/or humid because progesterone levels are high in your body in order to sustain your pregnancy. Progesterone raises your body temperature which means you may find yourself sweating more than normal.

So what can you do to naturally prevent body odor? One thing is to use a natural product under your arms to combat bacteria (which is what creates the bad odor).

I use baking soda mixed with water. Baking soda is also known as bicarbonate of soda. I just put a pinch in my hand, and then sprinkle a few drops of water on it and mix together in the palm of my hand.

Then I rub this damp solution under my arms to help reduce the bacterial growth. I found that if this mixture is more like a paste, that I actually react to it and get a rash, and if you can't see any white (mostly water) that it still works (but not as well) and I can use it every day.

If I know I'm going to be nervous about something then I put on a chemical based deodorant that I know will work well, but that's only every once in awhile.

Another thing you can do is to be sure you're eating plenty of deep green leafy vegetables or taking liquid chlorophyll as a supplement. This will help ensure that you're getting enough iron during your pregnancy and it will give you lots of good nutrients. On top of that, chlorophyll is a natural deodorizer and I'm sure it would help you.

Spinach, kale, dark leafy green lettuces are all very good and can easily be added to a fruit smoothie which you could drink multiple times a day.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Kate

thanks for the advice kate.

You're very welcome. Please post back and let us know what you try and how it works, or if you need more ideas.

Kind Regards,

Kate