Hybrid View

Inhaling cigarrete smoke

Hi,

I know it's bad smoking but what if I accidentally inhale cigarrete smoke few times, would that be a problem?

Cigarette smoke is full of carcinogens and poisons. I recently posted about the affects of breathing second hand smoke in the thread entitled "Smoking". You can take a look at that for more information on what you're putting into your body, your baby and your breastmilk when you breath any smoke.

I would encourage you to do all you can to avoid smoke. Walk out of the room if someone is smoking, or ask them to smoke outside. Roll the windows down in the car if someone lights up in the car, or ask them to not smoke in the car. And if you're just standing around with friends who are smoking, share with them that you are pregnant and you don't want to expose the baby to the poisons in cigarette smoke (plus you want to have the best chance you can of having a full term pregnancy and easy delivery).

Please let me know if you find this information helpful.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi,

Thanks. I'm just concerned. I don't smoke but there are just lots of people who don't understand that smoking near a pregnant woman is bad. I had this one encounter at a market while waiting for the food I bought. this guy suddenly stand next to me and talked to me while he was smoking. So, I told him that I'm pregnant and he does not seem to care, he still keep on pestering me even I tried to avoid.When he was talking to me he purposely exhale the smoke in front of me. I needed to ask help from a police nearby just for him to stop following. That's why ever since then I'm getting more anxious if that would have a great effect on my baby's health.

Hi Megken22,

The smoke the man blue in your face would not have a great affect on your baby. You were exposed for very little time, and your body can deal with that amount of toxins in your body. It's when you are exposed on a regular basis that the damage is done.

You're baby won't be affected by the smoke - your body handled that and has moved those toxins out through your liver. Just be sure you are getting plenty of water and fruits and vegetables each day. That's super important and something you can have control over.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by megken22 View Post
    Hi,

I know it's bad smoking but what if I accidentally inhale cigarrete smoke few times, would that be a problem?
    All things have a limit to do. It can be harmful, i want to tell that it would be better you stay away from cigarettes. Because a harmful thing can harm you anytime. If you know its bad than you better know what you will have to do.