Hybrid View

Right Age to Conceived

Hello everyone! I'm Josephine, single, but I am a happy foster mother to a 2 year-old girl. I am interested to generate some answers to my query regarding, when is the right age for a woman to be physically mature to be able to conceived a baby of her own. I heard of some friends say that there is this definite "range" of early adult age that could be the best time to get pregnant and surely conceived a healthy baby. Thanks everyone.

Hello Josephine,

A womanís fertility actually peaks between the ages of 15 and 24. During each cycle, a 15 year old has a 40%-50% chance of conceiving. By the time she reaches 25, her chances of conceiving each month drop to 30%-35%. At age 30 itís 25%, and at age 35 she only has a 15%-20% chance of conceiving each month.

At age 40, most women only have a 5% chance of conceiving each month; at 45 this has dropped to 3%, and by the time a woman is 46, her egg supply is pretty much exhausted and pregnancy only very rarely occurs at this age.

However, we know that there are women who are 25 years old, who have very few, healthy eggs and are experiencing infertility at a young age. Their biological age is older than their chronological age. Likewise, there are 40 year olds who have many healthy, young eggs, and typically their biological age is younger than their chronological age.

Preconception care will not only help to increase your egg quality, but it will also increase your odds of giving birth to a healthy baby.

However, it doesnít matter how high or low your fertility is Ė if you donít know the best timing and techniques for your baby making sex, it can take you much longer to get pregnant.

Please let me know if you found this information helpful and if you have any other questions.

Warm Regards,

Kate

Hi Kate! I'm using another account, since I forgot the password of the first one. Thank you so much. It is so nice of you to comprehensively post a reply to my concern. I now have a great understanding regarding this matter. A great help indeed! Thanks again.

Josephine

You're very welcome :-)

Warm Regards,

Kate