Parenting is one of the most important tasks in the world but we are often given very little guidance, education or support to fulfill such an important role. In this section of our website we have put together information on parenting support that we hope you will find useful.
Parenting is one of the most important tasks in the world but we are often given very little guidance, education or support to fulfill such an important role. In this section of our website we have put together information on parenting support that we hope you will find useful. If you have found a service or website you found invaluable in supporting you as a parent, we'd love to include it here. Please email the details to Jane.
The following organisations provide parenting support
Courses to help get parenting off the right start:
The following Australian Links are for a variety of parenting websites:
- Alternative Baby We are an Australian community dedicated to providing information about Attachment Parenting and other alternative, instinctive and natural parenting philosophies. We aim to provide articles, support, discussions and links to like-minded sites and support groups.
- Kindred Kindred is a magazine for progressive families endeavouring to support an essential grass roots movement to question and change the direction our current social, political, educational and economical systems are taking our world by presenting both intelligent and inspiring articles.
- Intuitive Parenting Intuitive Parenting has been started by a group of natural & attachment parents who recognise a need for an online community that offers encouragement for parents to gently and naturally raise their children.
- Natural Parenting Magazine Natural Parenting Magazine is a wonderful Australian based magazine. Check out their website for the latest issue and interesting topics. Discussion board available.
- Natural Transition Embracing motherhood naturally - www.naturaltransition.com offers safe products and information about natural fertility, pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, baby and mother care.
- Pinky - My child From unborn child to grown child, My Child tackles the reality of caring for your child as well s the reality of being a child with informative articles, features and first person stories.
- Australian Baby Hands Discover How To Use Simple Baby Sign Language To Communicate with your Pre-verbal Baby.... Using AUSLAN based sign language your baby can tell you what they want, when they want it, reducing frustration for you and your baby!
- Good Beginnings Australia Good Beginnings aims to create a caring environment with families, communities, service agencies and governments working together so that all children can have a good beginning.
- Early Childhood Connections Early Childhood Connections is an Australian website, containing more than 450 Australian and 400 International website links. These links are collated alphabetically and in submenus to provide easy viewing and access to the most up to date information for professionals and parents interested in the renewed emphasis on the early childhood years.
- Kidslife Explore issues from pregnancy, baby, toddler, child, health & wellbeing, development & early learning, education, family life, family time out, our community, ask the experts, shopping and directories.
- Essential Baby Another comprehensive site looking at issues from pregnancy, birth and beyond. There is live chat, shopping, discussion groups, a weekly guide to pregnancy, baby care, men's business plus lots more.
- The Bub Hub The Bub Hub is Australia's largest pregnancy and parenting portal - with a fully searchable, comprehensive directory of local pregnancy and parenting information, shops and services, listing over 7,500 organisations throughout Australia; a large forum and events calendar, family travel services, monthly eNewsletter, parent jobs, competitions, personalised tickers and much more.