By Leanne Jackson
- Teaches women the art and Joy of rediscovering their natural birthing instinct
- Teaches techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause pain in birthing
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel and the choices we make. It can actually control pain. There is no magic to achieving success with self-hypnosis. Almost anyone who chooses to, can reach deep relaxation and redirected focus.
When having your baby with HypnoBirthing, what you experience is similar to the daydreaming or focussing that occurs when engrossed in a book or staring at a fire. You will be conversant and in good spirits – totally relaxed, but fully in control. You’ll be aware of your body’s contractions but will not be able to determine the extent to which you feel the surge.
You will experience your birthing in calm relaxation, without the fear and tension that cause pain. Your body’s natural anaesthesia (endorphins) will replace the stress hormones that create pain, and when it’s time for baby to be born, you will be fully awake and involved.
The HypnoBirthing Advantage
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during, and after birthing.
- Gets rid of or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers, and shortens the first stage of labour by several hours.
- Eliminates fatigue during labour, enabling you to be fresh and awake with energy for birthing.
- Takes away risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods, and allows a more rapid pos