Parenting is surely one of the most important tasks in the world. However, we are often given very little guidance, education or support to help us in this important role. In this section of our website we have put together information on parenting support. We hope you will find it useful. If you have found a service or website which you found invaluable in supporting you as a parent, we’d love to include it here. Please email the details to PBB.
The following organisations provide parenting support
Courses to help get parenting off the right start:
The following Australian Links are for a variety of parenting websites:
- Natural Parenting Magazine Natural Parenting Magazine is a wonderful Australian based magazine. Check out their website for the latest issue and interesting topics. Discussion board available.
- Pinky – My child From unborn child to grown child, My Child tackles the reality of caring for your child as well s the reality of being a child with informative articles, features and first person stories.
- Australian Baby Hands Discover How To Use Simple Baby Sign Language To Communicate with your Pre-verbal Baby…. Using AUSLAN based sign language your baby can tell you what they want, when they want it, reducing frustration for you and your baby!
- Essential Baby Another comprehensive site looking at issues from pregnancy, birth and beyond. There is live chat, shopping, discussion groups, a weekly guide to pregnancy, baby care, men’s business plus lots more.
- The Bub Hub The Bub Hub is Australia’s largest pregnancy and parenting portal – with a fully searchable, comprehensive directory of local pregnancy and parenting information, shops and services, listing over 7,500 organisations throughout Australia; a large forum and events calendar, family travel services, monthly eNewsletter, parent jobs, competitions, personalised tickers and much more.