The Kaya birth stool was developed to help facilitate the most physiologically effective position for labour and birth, and is the only birth stool that can be submerged underwater during water births.
Kaya Professional Birth Stool
The Kaya Professional Birth Stool was developed to help facilitate the most physiologically effective position for labour and birth, and is the only birth stool that can be submerged underwater during water births.
The Kaya birth stool is made of low density, food-grade polyethylene, which has a simple molecular structure and does not contain phthalates or other unsafe additives. Dioxins and other toxic chemicals are not released into the environment during the production of the birth stool.
The weight of each Kaya stool is less than 4.6 kilograms with dimensions of 55.9cm x 50.8cm x 33cm in height.
Features of the Kaya Professional Birth Stool:
- 12 month warranty for multiple users in an institutional setting
- Able to sustain high temperatures
The single part design eliminates any cracks or crevices where fluids could become trapped, thus meeting hospital standards for safety and infection control. The stool should be disinfected before and after use, by rinsing or thoroughly wiping down. The professional grade Kaya stool can be cleaned using a hospital cart wash and will also stand up well to any medical-grade or household antibacterial cleaner. It can also be cleaned using antibacterial wipes, such as Dettol antibacterial surface cleaning wipes. In the case of use in water birth, the stool can be left underwater during the use of a disinfectant solution to clean the tub, such as Milton tablets. Be sure to follow the manufacturer?s instructions for the antibacterial cleanser selected to ensure effective cleaning.
The Kaya birth stool can help in the following ways during labour
- Squatting during birth increases the pelvic opening helping to draw the baby further down into the pelvis.
- Many women find that kneeling reduces pain during birth. It is an ideal position in the first stage, helping with strength, frequency and regularity of contractions.
- Movement during labour is important, and is a great way to help in coping with pain. Your Kaya birth stool can support a rocking or swaying motion in a number of orientations. Rocking uses gravity to help with the progression of labour and can help to advance dilation of the cervix. Swaying, walking and other movements can all help you deal with the pain of contractions.
|Dimensions||60 × 60 × 40 cm|