A Rebozo is a traditional Mexican Shawl, which is long enough to wrap around a woman’s body and can be used in pregnancy, labour and as a baby carrier.
A Rebozo is a traditional Mexican Shawl, which is long enough to wrap around a woman’s body and can be used in pregnancy and labour by midwives, doulas and support people to encourage the baby into an optional position and to provide the woman comfort. Rebozos can also be used to carry babies after birth. Please note these rebozos vary slightly in size and colour due to their handmade nature.
Rebozos can be used for many different things including:
- As a fashion item
- To help turn a posterior baby in pregnancy or during labour to encourage optimum fetal positioning. When used by a midwife, doula or support person the rebozo acts like an extension of their arms. It allows the labouring mother?s weight to be supported (to find out more visit ‘Rebozos as a tool for pregnancy and labour‘ page)
- Post birth, the Rebozo shawl can be used as a baby carrier (to find out more visit ‘Rebozo as a baby carrier‘ page)
- The rebozo is made from 100% pure cotton
- The rebozos wear very well and get softer with washings
- Measurements are 67x 266cm
- Washing instructions: Wash separately in cold water and hang to dry.
These Rebozos are sourced from a small community in Laos where they are hand woven by the women. The rebozos are made in traditional Lao designs and colours. The women weave these on a lap loom and it is a labour intensive process. The sale of every Rebozo made helps their community and families with basic living expenses and supports Fair Trade traditional handiwork by women for women.
|Dimensions||20 × 20 × 15 cm|
Browns, Greens and Blues, Olive Greens, Orange, Purples, Turquoises